Housebed from: Sweet Home From Wood
Mattress + Sheets + Drapes from: Tomorrow
Lila’s Tutu from: Plum NYC
A few weeks ago I shared with you that we decided to add a bed to Lila’s room and it has been working out great. She absolutely loves her bed and tells me thank you everyday. It’s one of the sweetest things hearing her run into her room in the mornings and yell, “Mom! Mom, I just love my bed!” (my heart melts.)
This AMAZING house bed is from Sweet Home From Wood and I cannot say enough good things about it! She is basically a house bed fairy and has something for everyone. The photos on her site are so darling. I wish I could visit every room featured!
We just got it in the mail yesterday afternoon. I built it by myself and it took about thirty minutes. It was super easy to build, but I also had a tiny cheerleader that wanted it built immediately. The decor shown isn’t permanent. It’s just what I already had in her room. I will be decorating a bit over the next week or so and then giving a grand tour.
Thanks for reading and if you have any questions be sure to leave them in the comments below so I can answer. XO
Save this post to your favorite Pinterest board!
Easter is just around the corner and I could not be more excited. Easter is one of my favorite holidays and I have so many great memories of the day growing up. These past few Easters with Lila have been the most special yet. It has been our tradition to go to The Langham Hotel on Easter Morning for their Brunch and Egg Hunt. This year I am SO excited to share that we will actually be staying at the Langham for Easter weekend and we get to share our stay with all of you next week when we get back. I am beyond excited for this mini vacation and even more excited to bring Lila the BEST EASTER EVER!
Here are the details on Lila’s Easter Basket:
- The Basket – I got Lila this pom pom belly basket because I wanted it to be something she could keep in her room after opening her present. We still have some baskets left over from last year and they are just so crazy looking. haha. So I wanted her to have a beautiful, multipurpose basket.
- Bunny Knit Doll – Because what Easter basket is complete without a bunny doll? I’m sure Fleur the Bunny will be welcomed by all of her other knit doll friends.
- Letterfolk Board – Instead of getting her a card, I thought why not get her a board that we can keep her in her room and I can reuse for the next holidays. Goodbye card buying!
- Bunny Necklace – Lila really loves bunnies and I thought this handprinted necklace from one of my favorite small shops would be perfect for her wear on Easter. I can’t wait for her to see it. I know she’ll squeal!
- Tutu + Butterfly Wings – My friends, The Wishing Elephant, sent this adorable Tutu/butterfly wings/headband set over for Lila and how could I not put it in her Easter Basket!! I see many hours of dress up ahead with these cute wings.
- Flower Pillow – I have been looking for a few fun pillows for inside Lila’s teepee and this one is definitely a winner. It’s so cute and perfect for spring.
- Board Books – Last year I went a little bit overboard on getting Easter books for Lila. She loves them each so much and she wants to read them everyday. I don’t think I could handle another Easter book on our shelf so I got her a few board books that feature some of her favorite knit dolls.
- Sunglasses – Lila loves to wear sunglasses, but sadly has broken so many pairs in the past few months. These Babiators have flexible, durable frames and have 100% UV protection. I think this is a pair that is going to last.
I hope everyone has a great Easter and I can’t wait to share with you photos from our Easter weekend next week. HAPPY EASTER!!!
Teepee & Cushion // Wall Print // Grid Blanket //Swan Coverlet // Diapers
So you are probably wondering why there is a giant teepee in my living room… Well for Lila’s birthday she got this adorable teepee from our friends at The Land of Nod. I set it up the when she went to sleep on her birthday eve so when she woke up in the morning she could see to and be surprised. I grabbed a few things that were in her room that I love like her pink buggy, a knit cactus pillow, Splash the cat, and her swan coverlet. She was so happy when she woke up and she went straight inside of it and said, “My teepee!” I thought it was so cute that not only did she know it was hers, but also that it was called a teepee!
It was pretty difficult getting her out of the house after that, but we managed to load her in the car and we had her presents waiting for her in the backseat so she could open them on the car ride to the aquarium. Her birthday was such a great day filled with family and her closest friends. I think it was one of the happiest days of her life, which is exactly what I wanted it to be. I thought about doing a big party but I knew if I did I would be too busy party planning and not be spending enough time being present. I think next year or the year after we will do a big fun party and have it be not on her actual birthday.
Since I set the teepee up in the living room I actually really like it. It’s so pretty and cheerful and lights up the room! It was suppose to go in her playroom, but I think I am going to wait a while before it makes it there.
Since I decided to leave the teepee in this room for now I wanted to tie the room together with a fun wall print. I found this one from an online children’s boutique called Peach Stream. If you haven’t heard of them before you have to check out their website because they have the cutest selection of some of the best brands around. While I was shopping, I found this blanket from one of my favorite blanket brands. I have a few of their muslin blankets for Lila and love them so I knew this blanket would be a winner too. It is pretty in big size and also reversible. I think it’s perfect because even though it is a kid’s brand it is also a pattern that I love so it makes for a perfect family blanket.
I hope you like the latest changes to our living space. My sister recently got Lila got the cutest table and chairs set, so I will be sharing that next. (One of the chairs is shown in photos above.)
Thanks for reading!