On Monday morning Lila and I attended a super fun breakfast for LA Bloggers at the Springs in Downtown LA. After the breakfast we got to spend a whole hour getting meet and mingle with our favorite brands. It was such a fun morning and Lila loved all the pink donuts, glitter tattoos, and fun crafts. I’ve rounded up my top favorite shops and I can’t wait to share them with you!
- Tula: I never owned a Tula until two days ago, and I have to say- I’m hooked! It is so comfortable to wear my 30 pound toddler in and the prints/patterns are beyond cute. It was so fun getting to meet some of the girls and have them show me all the amazing products they offer besides carriers. Their swaddle blankets are beyond soft. Love em so much!
- Minnow: Lila has one of their swimsuits and it was so fun to meet the mama behind the brand. Her suits are the absolute cutest! A must have for summer.
- Alice + Ames: I’m sure this is obvious, but the couple behind Alice + Ames are total goals! If I was still single and I met them, they would make me want to get married and start a family before I went to bed that day. Seriously the most beautiful family inside and out. So no surprise that their dresses are perfection. I got Lila a leotard dress and she has worn it nonstop since. I think I may have to stock up because it’s all she’ll wear.
- Zozu Baby: If Lila is wearing bows, there is a 99% chance they are Zozu Baby bows. Why? Because they are the BEST bows. I have gotten a lot, like a lot a lot, of bows for my little girl, but nothing compares to these. We can’t get enough of them. It was so fun to meet Sandy in person and get to squeal over her new patterns coming soon.
- Sakura Bloom: I have a few ring slings that I love so I knew I was going to love Sakura Bloom. I got a darling gray linen sling in my gift bag and went to their booth to have them fit me. They helped me put Lila in the sling and tightened it to me and I swear I could have done an entire workout with my 30 pounds slung to me. It was amazing! Those girls are pro and I need to call one to come fit me every day. Haha.
- Seedling: We love our friends at Seedling and all their fun activities for toddles. Their craft area did not disappoint and Lila made about 5 pom pom necklaces. They have the cutest new toddler activity kits too! Perfect gift for any birthday party coming up!
- Rose & Rex: I saved the best for last! My friend Allie runs the worlds most fun and lovely toy shop. She curates the shop with the best, most innovative brands and to top it all off she is so fun and lovely in person just like her brand. We love you Allie! If you’re looking for some super cool toys to distract your toddler long enough so you can go to the bathroom alone click here.
Thanks for reading!
*Photos via Babycinno Kids
Itty Bitty Diaper Bag // Diaper Bag
Okay, let’s cut right to the chase and talk about our matching outfits. I was getting ready and put on my new dress from Kingdom and State
, when Lila walked in the room and asked for her yellow dress on too! At first I thought it was funny so I put it on and she was so happy we matched! Then she asked for a “same jacket” so I looked in her closet and funny enough she had a jean jacket. She looked so cute all matchy matchy so I said to heck with it and grabbed our matching Jujube bags out of the closet. It was so funny but so cute because it made her so happy to look like mommy. I guess there’s more to this twinning thing than I thought.
When we left the house we went to one of our favorite gelato shops and had a blast. Everyone was so sweet commenting they liked our matching dresses and Lila would smile so big every time. I guess I officially am into “mommy and me” and will start looking for some new coordinating outfits for us. Haahaa.
Thanks for reading and have a great week!
Chair // Wipes Dispenser // Diaper Caddy // Diaper Pail
Today was Jake’s day off for this week so we had a nice morning at home and he even made us all lunch trying a new recipe. While Lila and I were playing in the living room the mail man rang the doorbell and he had all sorts of goodies for us. We opened our first package it was Chelsea the Cat from Cuddle and Kind. Lila squealed with joy she was so excited. She loves all of her knit animals from them so much so she was so excited when she saw a new one. Right way she ran to put it with the others.
Next we got some suppler exciting things from our friends at Ubbi. I can’t wait to show you their new bath line! Everything is perfect and I couldn’t have even dreamed it better. We also got a few new things for Lila’s room like a pretty pink diaper caddy and a darling mint diaper pail. I think they match the tassels in her room perfectly.
We are about to leave and go do some fun things in town. First the park and the farmer’s market later tonight. It’s been raining lately so I am excited for the warm weather we are about to walk out into.
Silicone Necklace // Open-Back Top // Diaper Bag // Lila’s Dress
As most of you know if you follow me on Instagram, my husband started a new job last week. We are a one car family and Jake having a job an hour away really made it hard for Lila and I to get around town. We made it work but we knew eventually we were going to have to get a second car or Jake was going to have get a job closer to home.
An amazing opportunity came up for him to work just a few minutes away from home and it has been such a blessing so far. We now drop him off and pick him up from work, which leaves us with the car all day. It has worked out flawlessly so far and we get an extra three hours a day with him. You read that right, an extra THREE hours a day with him. Before his commute was an hour each way, and he would leave an extra 45 minutes early in the morning to pick up breakfast and find a parking spot. Then on his way home, traffic would make his drive take an extra 10-15 minutes longer.
Besides having all this extra time with Jake, which has put us over the moon with happiness, we also get to explore more of our city. We have made a point to keep active and explore everyday even if it’s just going to get a smoothie or going to a park.
I hope everyone is having a great afternoon!
Something about me that has completely changed since becoming a mom is my organizational skills. I used to be so organized and have everything planned out and scheduled, but then I had a baby and it was like I spilled coffee all over my perfectly color coded schedule.
I’ve recently learned to just plan the best I can and embrace the unknown. I also used to overpack every time we left the house. I mean we would just run to Target and I would bring 3 extra outfits, two blankets, four diapers, lots of snacks, an extra pair of shoes, toys for her to play with, and the list goes on and on. Then we get to Target and I would’t use any of it. I laughed it off every time I had to carry everything back inside.
I’ve been a mom for nearly two years, packed enough to live out of the car for weeks for simple day trips and am just now coming to realize I don’t need to overpack. My staples that I keep in my diaper bag finally having me feeling organized and not overwhelmed. I also don’t feel like my bag is busting at the seems anymore, which makes for carrying it and a toddler much easier.
My essential diaper bag items include an extra outfit, I like to keep a romper and a cardigan as Lila’s backup outfit which folds up really small and is versatile for different weather. Two diapers and a brand new small pack of wipes, I never feel bad for carrying wipes because I use them for everything. A bibdana because I am still programmed to put one on her every time she eats. A few small snacks, my favorite hand sanitizer spray, keys, my small wallet, and a portable phone charger. That still might sound like a lot to you, but I promise there is still so much room left in my bag and I never feel like I am missing anything with those staples at my reach.
What are your diaper bag staples that you can’t lave home without? Are you an over packer like I was?